Friday, May 29, 2009

Doggy days

I have a problem. My beloved dog Ivy loves to run away. As she runs away, I often get so mad that I laugh hysterically. I'm sure the neighbors think that I am totally loony when they see me chasing Ivy down the road laughing really hard and telling her if she doesn't come to me I'm going to send her to the dog pound.
Well, we were at Great Grandma Hawkins house when Ivy got lose. I had her tightly by the collar but she twisted her head and got out somehow. I tried calling her to me for some reason. Maybe I thought that a miracle would happen and she would actually listen. She took off in the direction of Grandma's dogs, Bubu and Ollie. Bubu and Ollie freaked out. They barked and barked. I thought that maybe they would distract Ivy so I could catch her, but Ivy took one look at me and ran around the garage. Running quickly, I rounded the corner of the garage. Nothing. I went around the back of the garage. Again nothing. By this point, I was starting to freak out. Grandma Hawkins house is on the edge of some woods and by a busy street. I was trying not to think of Ivy being run over or lost in the woods and then eaten by coyotes, however, the thoughts were there on the edge of my mind. I quickly walked to the house and told most of my family (Mom was attempting to sleep in her tent). My family came out to help look. My dad suggested to go around back and see if she went back to the tents. Marissa and I walked over to where the tents were. I then notices my mom was hanging out of her tent. For a second, I couldn't think, I was just confused. Then I noticed she was laying on something. Apparently, something had scared Ivy (the other dogs maybe?) and she was frantically trying to get in the tents. She wined and scratched the tents. Mom sat up and called to Ivy. Just as she did that, Ivy jumped at the tent, which scared my mom. I was slightly upset with Ivy but I couldn't help but laugh.

I was trying to add pictures but it wouldn't let me. GRRRR!!!